In today’s fast-paced world, we often find ourselves short on time, especially during those busy mornings. Enter Oats So Simple sachets – the ultimate solution for those seeking a quick, nutritious start to their day. With just 2 minutes of prep time, these handy sachets bring forth the wholesome goodness of oats, ensuring you never skip the most important meal of the day. Whether you’re rushing to a morning meeting, taking a quick nutrition break between tasks, or looking for a reliable and speedy breakfast option, Oats So Simple is there to save the day.
The range comes in sachets of varying weights and an array of delightful flavours, ensuring there’s a choice for every palate. Convenient, tasty, and packed with the natural energy of oats – these sachets truly embody the essence of a ‘simple’ yet fulfilling breakfast.
Are Oats So Simple a Healthy Extra B?
When diving into the Slimming World plan, many wonder if their favourite Oats So Simple sachets qualify as a Healthy Extra B. The straightforward answer is no. While plain porridge indeed falls under the Healthy Extra B category due to its beneficial fibre content, the Oats So Simple “Original” sachets don’t make the cut. This is primarily because the portion size in these sachets is too small, resulting in an insufficient fibre intake.
Interestingly, if you opt for the full-size Oats So Simple from Quaker oats, they are indeed considered a Healthy Extra B. However, be wary of the flavoured sachets. Not only do they lack the necessary fibre, but they also contain added sugars, making them a less optimal choice for those strictly following the Slimming World guidelines.
- Random House UK
- Hardcover Book
- Slimming World (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 224 Pages - 06/01/2000 (Publication Date) - Ebury Press (Publisher)
Oats So Simple Sachets Syn Values
On average, across the Oats So Simple sachet range, each gram has about 0.188 syns. This translates to approximately 6.39 syns for a sachet without milk and 10.48 syns with semi-skimmed milk, providing a range suitable for different Slimming World followers’ preferences.
- Flavour: This indicates the specific variety or taste of the Oats So Simple sachet.
- Syns per gram: This column shows how many syns are present in every gram of the particular sachet flavour.
- Weight (g): This tells us the total weight, in grams, of a single sachet for the given flavour.
- Syns per sachet: Here you’ll find the total number of syns in one sachet, without any added milk.
- Syns per sachet (semi skimmed): This represents the total syns in a sachet when prepared with semi-skimmed milk.
- SynScore: This is a comparative score, ranging from 0% to 100%, to help you gauge the healthiness of each flavour in relation to the others. A higher score indicates a healthier choice, with ‘Original’ flavour setting the benchmark at 100%.
Use this table to better understand the syn values for each flavour and make informed choices tailored to your Slimming World journey.
|Flavour||Syns per gram||Weight (g)||Syns per sachet||Syns per sachet (semi skimmed)||SynScore|
|Sultanas, Raisins, Cranberry & Apple||0.186||38.5||7.15||11.15||87.50%|
|Apple and blueberry||0.189||36.0||6.8||11.05||50%|
|Strawberry, Raspberry & Cranberry||0.193||33.4||6.45||10.45||0%|
If you’re looking to enjoy your Oats So Simple sachet and keep your syns to a minimum, the ‘Original’ flavour is your best bet, boasting the highest SynScore of 100%. On the flip side, the ‘Strawberry, Raspberry & Cranberry’ flavour has the lowest SynScore, making it the least favourable option in terms of syns.
Remember, the syn values given for the sachets prepared with milk are based on 180ml of semi-skimmed milk. If you’re curious about the syn values of other types of milk, make sure to check out our dedicated milk syn page.
Additionally, it’s worth noting that this 180ml of semi-skimmed milk can be counted as a ‘Healthy Extra A’ on the Slimming World plan. So, if you choose to use this allowance for the milk, you’d only need to account for the syns from the porridge itself.
Make informed breakfast choices based on your syn preferences and enjoy your morning porridge!
Is Oats So Simple Worth the syns?
Given the choices available, Oats So Simple might not be the best bang for your syn buck. While the ‘Original’ flavour does cut back on the sugar, the rest of the range doesn’t fare as well due to the added sugar content. Ready Brek is a miles better choice.
To put it in perspective, if we glance back at our cereal syns table:
- Weetabix: At just 5.4 syns for 30g, this choice not only gives you fibre but also keeps you fuller for longer without unnecessary sugars.
- Shredded Wheat: Another worthy contender with 5.4 syns for 30g. It’s simple, wholesome, and without the extra additives and sugar.
So, while Oats So Simple does offer convenience, there are other cereals that offer better value in terms of both nutrition and syns. It might be worth reconsidering if this is your go-to breakfast choice, especially if you’re keen on optimizing your syn intake.